Monday, January 25, 2010

WE HAVE A MORAL OBLIGATION AS CHESS PLAYERS TO HELP OTHERS IN OUR COMMUNITY

Written by Claudia Muñoz Robles
Well, I have adjusted somewhat to my new surrounding here in Wichita Falls, Texas after having relocated about four weeks ago. I have not participated in any tournaments as of yet because my parents wanted me first to adjust to my relocation, in an emotional and mental sense. I did participate with the RED RIVER CHESS CLUB in a Tuesday skittles event they had a BOOKS A MILLION at the mall. However next week, I will be commuting to the Dallas Chess Club in order to actively play for the remainder of the school year.
Part of my adjustment process, like my dad calls it, is to actively be a part of my community. This past Friday, my sister Faith and I, served meals to the homeless at the Wichita Falls Faith Mission. We got together with our church youth in order to seed time and effort with those in need. You know, I love chess big time but I want to be remembered later in life as a person who blessed others outside of the chessboard.
I encourage parents to motivate their children to be active in a social cause that will help our community. I am so blessed by the life I am living in and out of the chessboard.

No comments: