Tuesday, November 3, 2009

I'M SHARING MY BIRTHDAY CAKE WITH OUR BLOG READERS

Written by WCM Claudia Munoz
I'm posting the picture of my birthday cake in order to share it with my readers. I want to thank several people for posting Happy Birthday messages on their websites yesterday, I read them all. I want to thank three people in particular, Chivas68 and Nibaldo Calvo for taking time to send me a message from their blogs. However, I want to thank GM Susan Polgar for posting a message yesterday on my blog. I realize that she had her own sister's birthday to take care of, Sofia Polgar, yet she still took the time to send me best wishes.
I don't care what they say about GM Susan Polgar but she is my friend and has advanced girls chess in the United States and that is a good thing. Thanks Susan!
Now that I am 12 years old, in 7-weeks I will be moving to North Texas, Wichita Falls, Texas to be exact. I have been in training for 5-years and I have only played in 13-USCF rated events in 4-years, well that is about to end. The first half of 2010, I will be playing in about 13 rated events in the Dallas Chess Club and every other club that has a tournament. My goal is to catch-up with the other high rated girls in my category quickly.
I anticipate at least a 300 point increase in the first 90-days of participating in touraments in Texas. I was limited before because of living in the U.S-Mexican border region far away from any chess clubs, not anymore.
Hope to see you all soon!

No comments: