Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I AM JUST THANKFUL TO GOD, MY PARENTS, THE TIMES AND RECORD NEWS AND GM SUSAN POLGAR

Written by Claudia Muñoz Robles
Wow! What can I say? I really had an awesome Texas Scholastic State Championship¨, however, I must give the honor and the glory to God for giving me the peace to have a great time during the seven round competition. I thank God for the parents that he gave me and the awesome sister that I have.
I really have lots of FAITH.
That´s right, my sister´s name is FAITH ABIGAIL MUÑOZ.
So I have lots of Faith.
Now that the Scholastic Tournament has finished now I must concentrate on my next chess event, from this point on I will be participating every week in Dallas so my strength should increase. Now that I am no longer in Mexico and currently live in North Texas its time to reach my chess objectives.
I believe that I will reach the required rating to make the U.S. team that will go to the World Youth Championship, but if I can´t reach it due to time constraints, I will reach it next year, but I will reach it.
Since I was 6 years old until now I had been playing in the Mexican chess and thanks to God I won every Gold medal in the Mexican chess system, except the Gold medal at a Mexican Open - I won a bronze in 2007.
I´m just happy to be back in Wichita Falls the city where I was born!
I also wanted to thank Ms. Ann Work of the Times Record News in Wichita Falls for the two articles she wrote about me this weekend. It feels good to know that my hometown backs me. I would like to meet her in the next couple of days.
Last but not even in the least, I want to thank GM Susan Polgar for taking the time to post several articles about me this weekend. Just to see one of those posts close to her sister GM Judith Polgar was so AWESOME! One of the events that really has helped me develop and get stronger is the SUSAN POLGAR NATIONAL INVITATIONAL, which I participated in 2008 and 2009. The fact that all of us where in the same category regardless of ages or ratings really toughened me up. I don´t know if this tournament will still be held because of the some politics I read, but this tournament should still be held.
If this tournament is not held, when I grow-up I will hold it.
Thanks GM Susan Polgar for your support!

No comments: