Thursday, March 11, 2010

BEHIND EVERY CHESS CHAMPION THERE IS A SUCCESSFUL CHESS MOM

My wife and Claudia´s mother
The term ¨GIRLS CHESS¨ is not fully appreciated because behind every ¨small girl¨ there is a ¨big girl¨ - it´s called a wife and mother. In both this blog and our immensly popular Spanish language blog, www.chesscampeona.blogspot.com, the person who often avoids the limelight or any form of recognition for what she contributes to our team is my wife, Claudia Muñoz.
That is right, I have two Claudia Muñoz´s in my life, Claudia Elizabeth Muñoz (the chess playing daughter and major reason why we use her FIDE title) and Claudia Veronica Muñoz, my precious wife.
We could not be where we are at right now without the help and cooperation of my wife. It has been her endless support that has contributed to our daughter´s success. She has redifined the term ¨CHESS MOM¨ and I simply could not be prouder of her than what I am today.
It is for this reason that I publically acknowledge her and thank God for her supporting our daughter´s endeavors.

No comments: