Saturday, October 31, 2009

I WILL BE PLAYING CHESS TODAY FOR "MEALS ON WHEELS" - I WILL ATTEMPT TO RAISE OVER $300 DOLLARS THROUGH MY CHESS PLAY TODAY

by WCM Claudia Munoz

Wichita Falls, Texas

What was supposed to be short trip to North Texas, to be a part of my Uncle David and Aunt Tara's wedding, has become an opportunity to seed in others. Overcoming Word of Praise International organized a community event to raise funds for "MEALS ON WHEELS." It is a worthy cause because because like my dad says, "a generation will be judged on how they take care of the elderly." Actually, he heard that from someone else but he couldn't remember from who.

I agree.

So, I asked the church for an opportunity to play chess during the community event in order to raise funds for "MEALS ON WHEELS." I will be charging $5 dollars for a 5-minute chess game. I intend to raise over $300 dollars playing chess today for a worthy cause.

I believe that if every chessplayer in the world were to use chess as the means to raise money for worthy causes, our world would be different.

Well, I have to go to my chessboard and do my best.

Later, I will post some pictures and results.

No comments: