Friday, June 19, 2009

OUR FIRST DAY IN CORPUS CHRISTI, TEXAS

Hi!

I'm Claudia Munoz, the mother of 11-year old WCM Claudia Munoz. You mostly associate this blog with my husband and daughter, but this time it's up to me to make an entry since we are in Corpus Christi, Texas.

We arrived a little after mid-noon, only to be told we could not have our hotel room until 3:00 p.m. but that was okay because it provided us with an excuse to go to the MALL!

Yes!

After some very "important" shopping we had some lunch and got some rest before the evening set in. We took advantage of one of the beautiful local beaches in order to cool down.

Usually on our chess trips, we don't often get the opportunity to really go sightseeing, but today, we had an excellent opportunity to do this.

After returning to our hotel followed by a warm shower, straight to bed because we have to get up about 6:00 a.m. - the 1st round should start about 8:30 a.m.

I'm sure my daughter is having sweet dreams right now along with her older sister Faith.


By the way, abed is my husband.

No comments: